PAL BT (Gen. 1)
Battery Does not Charge:
If your battery is no longer holding a charge, try jumpstarting the battery. To do this, please follow the instructions below:
- Make sure the radio is turned off and disconnected from the power supply
- Take the battery out of the radio
- Connect the radio to the power supply and turn it on
- While the radio is turned on, put the battery back in
- Turn the radio off and let the battery charge for 4-6 hours.
If your PAL has become sticky, you can try cleaning it by using Goo-Gone, rubbing alcohol, or nail polish remover. However, these products will remove the numbering and lettering on your unit, so practice caution while cleaning the front of your radio.
Hissing/ Humming Sound, Drifting off a Station, Interference:
If you are experiencing a hissing or humming noise, your radio drifts off of a station while listening, or you are hearing a lot of interference, try exercising the tuning dial. To do this, please follow the instructions below:
- Turn the radio ON to the FM position
- Turn the volume dowN
- Slowly turn the tuning dial from one end of the frequency range to the other (from 88.0 to 108.0 FM frequencies) and back again, making sure you sweep all the stations in between. Repeat the process for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Tune in a station and see if it is working better
Bluetooth Not Connecting
If you are seeing your PAL BT appear on your Bluetooth list but are having trouble connecting, try forgetting your PAL BT in the Bluetooth menu of your device and then re-pairing them. If that does not resolve the issue, please contact Customer Support for further assistance*.
If you have a PAL BT from 2018 or newer (the serial number ends in 18 or higher), press and hold the pairing button on the back of the unit for 3-5 seconds and the PAL BT should appear on your smart device.
*Confirm that your smart device is running the latest firmware version
I am attempting to turning up the volume on my device and it is maxed. How can I make the audio louder as it seems low?
The audio’s volume through Bluetooth is controlled by the device output as well as the speaker’s volume output. We recommend placing your Bluetooth device at 80% output and adjusting the volume knob on the radio to reach your preferred overall volume.